Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

SMU 2425 out of order, due to LV programing ?

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
LV_apprentice

SMU 2425 out of order, due to LV programing ?

Post by LV_apprentice » October 18th, 2011, 1:34 am

good morning everyone,
I work for a french company for which i need to control a 2425 SMU unit using a LabView application. Therefor, i use the keithley24xx libraries to set and measure currents and voltages. But i was out of my office for 2 weeks, and now, the SMU doesn't work anymore, I mean : when I power it up, the fan rotates (it makes a lot of noise), and nothing else happens (no beep, no display...).

My question is : can it be due to my programing ?

I think someone could have make it fall down, but I ask though because I'll continue with a keithley 2410, which uses the same LV libraries, but I don't want it happens the samething on that one...

hope my english is understandable, and thank you for answering ;p

Gabriele V
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: SMU 2425 out of order, due to LV programing ?

Post by Gabriele V » October 25th, 2011, 1:56 am

Hello LV_Apprentice,

The problem you are facing probably is not due to the programming, may be about the application where the Istrument is working on.
I would suggest you to work closely with our Keithley French Office first to start a repair process for the instrument and a the same time to identify the possible crititcal points in the application that can damage the unit.

Keithley French office contacts:

Keithley Instruments Sarl
Immeuble Aristote
Parc des Algorithmes
Saint-Aubin
91194 Gif sur Yvette Cedex
Phone: 01-64 53 20 20
Fax: 01-60 11 77 26
E-mail: [email protected]
Internet: www.keithley.fr

Regards
Gabriele