Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Labtracer output enable

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
srikannan

Labtracer output enable

Post by srikannan » October 23rd, 2011, 2:57 pm

Iam using labtracer to control 2410 sourcemeter. Iam able to use the output enable button with the 2410 instrument i.e with interlock not satisfied, the instrument does not source voltage. But the labtracer software changes he settings to default. How can I modify this in the labtracer software so that I can have output enable be enabled in the settings.

srikannan

Re: Labtracer output enable

Post by srikannan » October 24th, 2011, 3:57 pm

Can someone please help me figure out the output enable option using lab tracer?

Nathan S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Nathan S » October 25th, 2011, 6:22 am

LabTracer does not contain all of the features for the 2400 line. It contains everything needed for basic sweeping and sourcing, however Output Enable is not one of the features. It is based on LabView, so you could see if you can edit it at all adding the SCPI command :OUTP:ENAB:STAT 1 For customization of code like this, it would really be best to do it in something like LabView or to write your own program using the 2400 IVI Driver in like C or VB or something like that. Then you can customize the commands you issue without having the few limitations that LabTracer unfortunately has. If you have NI Spy you can easily run a sweep and then see the commands that LabTracer is issuing. Then, just add in that SCPI command above in an appropriate area of the list and your programming time becomes infinitely shorter.

srikannan

Post by srikannan » October 28th, 2011, 6:59 am

Nathan, hope you had an opportunity to speak with your engineers to email me the code.

Nathan S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Nathan S » November 2nd, 2011, 9:08 am

I am still working on getting it released. I will let you know when I have more information or the code.

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”