Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

negative glitch sweeping sink current

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
billccm

negative glitch sweeping sink current

Post by billccm » January 26th, 2011, 7:32 am

Hello:

I am trying to use a Keithley model 2430 to sweep current in a sink mode. I have programmed the SMU to start at -100mA and stop at -2.1A with a 2A step. The DUT is a power switch with various sized FETs in parallel.

The problem I am seeing is an occasional LARGE negative voltage glitch from the SMU that destroys my DUT. The glitch seems to occur during the transitions of the SMU sweep.

Is this an issue with the SMU, or a configuration error?

Also, does Keithley have a simulation model avaialbe of the 2400 SMU that we can use to look into the current sink mode of operation with our device models?

Thanks for any help/support, and have a nice day, Bill

Tom Sw
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: negative glitch sweeping sink current

Post by Tom Sw » January 26th, 2011, 7:39 am

SMU's can have problems crossing range boundaries with some test devices. A good test would be to fix the current range of the 2430 to the 3Amp range and run your sweep. You will lose resolution at the smaller values, but it may correct your problem.

I am not following what you mean by "Also, does Keithley have a simulation model avaialbe of the 2400 SMU that we can use to look into the current sink mode of operation with our device models?".

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”