Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

why is 2400 series sourcemeter better?

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
yangwang0327

why is 2400 series sourcemeter better?

Post by yangwang0327 » February 7th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Hi,

I am a graduate student in university of pittsburgh. I am doing some research about the inorganic solar cells. The source meter I am using right now is a CHI 618b potentiostat (http://www.chinstruments.com/chi600.html). Recently, my solar cells suffered from a low-efficiency problem. I am suspecting that this is probably caused by the I-V measuring ability of this potentiostat, and I noticed that related publications almost exclusively used keithley's products to do similar test, but I need to some solid evidence to convince my boss to buy this 2400 series instrument. Can you please specify the advantages of the 2400 series instrument on solar cell testing, compared to the potentiostat i am using now? thanks a lot.

Yang

Tom Sw
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: why is 2400 series sourcemeter better?

Post by Tom Sw » February 8th, 2011, 6:29 am

I am not familiar with the other instrument you mention. I can only tell you that the 2400 family of SMU's are very versatile instruments that can act as a voltage source, current source, voltmeter, ammeter, power meter, and programmable load. I would suggest your review the specifications for the 2400 on our website and compare them to your current instrument.

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: why is 2400 series sourcemeter better?

Post by Dave W » March 1st, 2011, 7:49 am

Hi Yang!

You say you are measuring Solar cells and need some more reason for your boss to purchase a 2400? There is a company named Green Mountain Engineering who produces a free piece of software for testing Solar Cells. Their software uses our 2400 and 2600 Series SMUs and will save you a lot of time from having to code up something yourself. I have tried the software out myself and it's well done. An excellent value at the price of $0! I recommend you check them out at the link below.

http://blog.greenmountainengineering.co ... tware.html

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”