Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Graphene Measurements

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
sam181

Graphene Measurements

Post by sam181 » February 9th, 2011, 7:50 am

Hi,

I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum as the Graphene section would not let me create a new post.

We are about to start our research involving graphene and measuring conductivity and carrier mobility parameters. This is a new area for me so I was looking for some guidelines on how best a 2400 would be used for this measurement.

Also, would you have any suggestions on posible fixtures/sockets since graphene is 1-atom thick.

Any guidelines you have to help us get started would be great.

Thanks.

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Graphene Measurements

Post by Dale C » February 9th, 2011, 8:03 am

The Model 2400 is great for exerting control over the voltage, current or resistance measurement.
It can source a constant voltage and read the current. It can also set a current limit known as compliance.
It can source a constant current and read the voltage. It can also set a voltage limit known as compliance.
This helps in controlling the power through/across the device.
Many applications like IV curves on diodes, transistors, semiconductors, solar cells and so on benefit from this tight control.
It can also do this with a pulse capability. There is no pulse mode but the memory can store different levels and you can scan through them to achieve a pulse.
As far as a test fixture, to that I have no idea.
I can help with specific questions regarding the 2400 series.

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”