Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Need multiple points at each voltage within sweep

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
AllenH

Need multiple points at each voltage within sweep

Post by AllenH » May 28th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

My fast code is working- I need to update the earlier post- well, it at least appears to work, but I'm getting unexpected results in my data.

I'd like to sample more than a single point at each step of the voltage sweep. I am currently looping and running my IV about 4 times, but I'd much rather sit at a step for about 4 samples. I do not want an average, I want my final data to be a point-cloud that I can then do other math on in matlab or python.

Due to the nature of my test, it's possible that a linear sweep from negative to positive and repeating that is not getting me the expected spread in my data.

I know there's an ARM function (very unsure about this), but I suspect it merely loops through the sweep, is this correct?

Is there a way other than a list sweep to stay at each voltage in my sweep for more than one sample/point?

Thank you for your thoughts!!
-Allen

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Need multiple points at each voltage within sweep

Post by Andrea C » June 4th, 2017, 5:02 pm

The 2400 trigger model for doing sweeps is constrained to source-delay-measure sequences in the trigger layer.
So list sweep would be your option for obtaining multiple readings at the same source value.

How critical is the time delta between each reading? A loop from your python code where you command a source value and then take your N readings and then step to next source value might be a more flexible overall approach. In general, the throughput of these repeated single point readings is not as fast as trigger model sweeps, but depending on your needs, it might suffice.

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”