Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

What is the difference between neutral and hot leads ?

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
shyangsfo68

What is the difference between neutral and hot leads ?

Post by shyangsfo68 » June 2nd, 2017, 7:49 pm

I have measured a tiny electromotive force from my device with nanovolt meter K2184A while the device is connected to K2400.
The source voltage of K2400 is set to 0 V. The problem I have struggled with is that the voltage measured from K2184A highly depends on how K2400 is connected to the device. In other words, the measured voltage varies by an order of magnitude depending on whether the neural lead of K2400 is connected to the end of device or to the other end.

I thought that the neutral and hot leads should be symmetric but looks like the internal circuit of K2400 for each lead may be different.

Can you please help me resolve this issue ? Thank you so much in advance !

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: What is the difference between neutral and hot leads ?

Post by Andrea C » June 9th, 2017, 9:16 am

Can you clarify your meaning of neutral and hot leads? Are you referring to the VAC power to the instrument? Or to the Force HI and Force LO outputs of the SMU channel?
A bit more specific information may help us offer a response.

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”