Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Keithley 2440 GPIB connection

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
tinyquark

Keithley 2440 GPIB connection

Post by tinyquark » October 31st, 2017, 11:01 am

Hello!
I am trying to set up a keithley 2440 using the included keithley GPIB connection. I have installed the driver before the hardware. The driver I chose the keithley command compatible driver. The configuration utility seems to show up correctly. ie it shows the GPIB0 with the product tags listed below it. However, when i try and run a sample program, such as the SimpleGPIB.vi or the GPIB with VISA functions.vi, i get varying errors.

The first one tells me that the file is not found even though it opens it. The Keithley 24XX Read Single.vi gives me a VISA error : VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF000E). According to my colleague, the instrument worked yesterday using a NI GPIB. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the 488B Driver several times. As i'm sure is obvious, I've never worked with any of these tools before, so any help would be enlightening.

I checked for updated drivers this morning.
my labview version is 2015
im running windows 7

Thank You,
Emily

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: Keithley 2440 GPIB connection

Post by Dave W » January 5th, 2018, 8:02 am

Hi tinyquark,

If you are trying to use the KUSB-488B with VISA (i.e. NI-VISA) then you will need to install the NI Compatible driver. The Keithley command compatible driver is really only for use with the ACS/ACS Basic software. For all other purposes the NI Compatible driver should be used.

bitcohen

Re: Keithley 2440 GPIB connection

Post by bitcohen » February 9th, 2018, 5:48 am

Hi all !
So I have a keithley 2400 source meter, and was wondering what's the best way to connect it to a pc I have? I have a Dell Latitude E6510 laptop, so It doesn't have an RS232 port or anything. I would like to be able to control it through lab view. Any Help?
Best regards,bitcohen

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”