Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Connect external AC source with 2400 in series?

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
ktgpacc

Connect external AC source with 2400 in series?

Post by ktgpacc » February 22nd, 2011, 7:50 am

I would like to apply an external AC voltage together with the DC voltage from 2400 onto my DUT at the same time. Therefore, I am thinking that I should connect these two sources in series. Is it possible for me to do so with Keithley 2400 source meter? If yes, how can I do it? Thanks a lot.

FYGP

Vince W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Connect external AC source with 2400 in series?

Post by Vince W » February 28th, 2011, 1:00 pm

The 2400 uses output terminals which source either current or voltage and measure both current and voltage. These terminals are isolated from chassis ground up to a 250V limit. These output terminals are labeled HI and LO, and the source output is referenced between them, along with the measurement input. The output LO terminal is different from the instrument chassis (outlet power cable) ground. You can apply up to a 250V DC external voltage between chassis ground and the LO terminal. The instrument source can still be referenced from LO to HI terminals above that.

SO as long as your AC source, referenced from the LO terminal to chassis ground, can be applied as long as it does not exceed 250V peak.
A Greater Measure of Confidence

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”