Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

about standard sample

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
alex00127

about standard sample

Post by alex00127 » March 19th, 2012, 12:29 am

Hello,

I have the source keithley 2400 with your four-probe system(conect to PC,and use labtracer 2.0),
and I use this to estimate resistivity of my graphite-polymer composites film.

Is there any standard sample(thin film) which already know its resistivity,and I can use this standard sample to check my instrument is correct or not.
Or there are any calibrate methods for this system?

Another question is that I have used above system to test a Brass film(50 micron-meter) which I know its resistivity(about 6.4*10-7 ohm-cm),
but why it always show Overflow(No mater using panel or labtracer software)? Is this the instrument's limitaion?

Thanks.

Vince W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: about standard sample

Post by Vince W » March 20th, 2012, 4:15 pm

The 2400 instrument is calibrated at the factory on shipment which is guaranteed for 1 year after delivery. Beyond that, the instrument should be calibrated at Keithley to insure accuracy on all measurement ranges. As long as your instrument is calibrated, we guarantee our published specifications.

I do not know of any standard references for thin film resistivity measurements on our instruments.

Vince W
A Greater Measure of Confidence

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”