Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2400 shuts off while measuring

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
hamiltonianos

2400 shuts off while measuring

Post by hamiltonianos » April 18th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Hi,

My 2400 Sourcemeter unit suddenly shuts off while it is carrying out measures (output "on" shining blue). It does not always shut down at the same time after output is on (sometimes 600 seconds or 800 seconds or 2000 seconds). I bought this Unit around 2003 and I have never had this problem so far. In fact, I have had the unit taking data every one second for one week or two without setting output "off", and this I have done a lot of times. But now, the Unit reinitializes and sets output off, being the display on. But it is more usual to find that also the display has been shut down. It happens regardless the Unit is in local or remote mode. I thought it might be due to over heating, but the environment is below 30 ºC (25 ºC) and I am not using the unit in maximum range. The first time it happened I was sourcing 10 V and measuring current in the order of 50 microampere every one second. However, I had done this measures continuosly for days before and nothing extrange had happened.

Thanks in advance for your time,

Nathan S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 2400 shuts off while measuring

Post by Nathan S » April 19th, 2011, 6:10 am

From what you describe, that unit will need service. Contact your local center, which I believe is in France, to set up the service request and get an RMA.

adpalcze

Re: 2400 shuts off while measuring

Post by adpalcze » June 15th, 2011, 1:18 pm

This is more of a question. My 2400 is shutting down during a measurement as well. I am running the 2400 on a remote computer in Lab view. The 2400 is supplying a plus/minus 10V 100mA pulse for about 1s in a loop. The supply has been doing this off and on for 4 years. I was re-writing the software to increase the scanning rate - .3S vs 1S. I thought it was working fine, until I received a programming error about a memory overload - I believe software related. After a hard restart, it was working fine, then I received - 30minutes later - a i/o error and when I checked the 2400 the power was off but the power button was still one. This happened 4-5 more times during my experiment with a the power off happening in a closer intervals. I now have the supply running with a external fan - for three hours now and no error.

Is the shutdown related to overheating?

Is there a thermal switch on the input power supply which might cause this?

What was your outcome - hamiltonianos

Ari

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”