Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2420 labview problem

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
gurator

2420 labview problem

Post by gurator » October 19th, 2010, 6:35 am

Hello!
I'm using 2420 (software ver. C30) for charging/discharging large capacitors.
I work with this SourceMeter controlled by LabView 2010 via serial.
I use National Instruments approved drivers downloaded from NI site.
The driver pack includes some examples. I modified Keithley '24XX Read Multiple mod.vi' (see attached file) in order to source 0.9V voltage.
It seems that 2420 refuses to supply voltage under 1V when 'Configure Output.vi' is used.
Please propose solution for problem how to source less than 1V to load in one step (not sweep). Note that LabView driver ver. 2 provided on KEITHLEY site can't be used with serial interface (known issue).
Thanks in advance!
Attachments
UN_Keithley_24XX.zip
(800.56 KiB) Downloaded 1466 times

Steve M
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 2420 labview problem

Post by Steve M » October 19th, 2010, 10:37 am

Hi gurator,

I'm not sure I understand your question: are you saying that 'Configure Output.vi' doesn't work correctly, or that the instrument just isn't operating correctly when you ask for less than 1V? The reason I ask is that in the VI that you modified, '24XX Read Multiple mod.vi', you use 'Configure Output.vi'. I don't have a 2420 handy, but I used a plain 2400 and everything works as expected, running both 24XX Read Multiple mod.vi (which calls Configure Output.vi) or running Configure Output.vi by itself. So, could you clarify where you think the problem is? Are you having problems with the Configure Output.vi specifically, or is the instrument just not doing what you tell it to do?

Thanks,
Steve M

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”