Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2410 Wont Measure

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
tibusz

2410 Wont Measure

Post by tibusz » November 18th, 2010, 1:59 am

I have a 2410 source meter that was not used for a long time. When I want to use it again I faced with below problem, while previously it works:
The equipment works and all tests pass, but I can not perform any kind of measurement.
The instrument shows only the Vsource or Isource value on the Front panel and there is no any signal level can be measured at outputs.
It's no mather I want to measure I or V or resistance the equipments do nothing.
I checked the calibation and the sistuation is same: no any signal can be measured at outputs, no mather Front or Rear!
I made factory defaults reset and try to use it with Labview too, but it's same.
I am not expert with this equipment and I would like to ask your support.
What can be the problem?
Some setting are wrong or there is some internal failures what the tests didn't reveal.

Jeremy G
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 2410 Wont Measure

Post by Jeremy G » November 18th, 2010, 5:52 am

Hi, when you try to make your measurement is there a red or blue light on the front of the 2410 just above the grey ON/OFF button? If the light is not on try pressing the grey button and note any error message that might be displayed, and post the result back here.

tibusz

Post by tibusz » November 19th, 2010, 12:44 am

Hi, yes, the On-Off button is turn on when I try to measure. I attached 2 photos with On and Off state. You can see that in this case I try to measure 1.2V and setup the Cmpl to 2V and Isrc to 0A as it is described in user manual (I followed the instruction in manual step by step). When I turn in the output button the display jump to Cmpl level adjusted previously and did not show any real measured value. Furthermore there is no any error message.
Attachments
Vmeas_On_small.jpg
Vmeas Output button On
Vmeas_On_small.jpg (91.36 KiB) Viewed 22052 times
Vmeas_Off_small.jpg
Vmeas Output button Off
Vmeas_Off_small.jpg (87.99 KiB) Viewed 22052 times

Jeremy G
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Jeremy G » November 19th, 2010, 1:43 am

It looks like there is no load attached to the output terminals, therefore the instrument goes into compliance. Can you connect a resistor to the output and repeat your test, for example source a small current say 1mA into a 1kohm resistor and you should see 1V measured on the display.

tibusz

Post by tibusz » November 19th, 2010, 3:49 am

I followed your instruction but the equipment still jump to Cmpl level (in this case 21V) I used 1kom resitor and setup Isrc to 10mA. Then I try to measure the resistance of product and the result is overflow as second photo shows. It is interesting that I try to calibrate the instrument yesterday, following the manuals instructions, but there was no any measurable voltage level on the output during V calibration.
Attachments
Rmeas_1kohm_small.jpg
Rmeas_1kohm_small.jpg (74.01 KiB) Viewed 22042 times
Vmeas_1kohm_small.jpg
Vmeas_1kohm_small.jpg (76.05 KiB) Viewed 22042 times

Jeremy G
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Jeremy G » November 19th, 2010, 5:34 am

You are right, the instrument is still in compliance. Can you measure the resistor on another instrument to confirm it is 1kohm, or try a different device on the 2410, ie. a diode connected in forward bias when sourcing 1mA should read ~0.6V.

If this still does not work then there could be an internal fault with the 2410, where it will have to be returned to a local Service Centre for investigation.

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”