Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2410 and 6517A Sync DAQ

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
dalvares

2410 and 6517A Sync DAQ

Post by dalvares » June 24th, 2011, 12:59 am

Hi All,

I am interested in measuring the frequency response/ switching behavior of some of transistor devices using the 2410 (Gate) and the electrometer 6517A (Source-drain). I would like to hold the source drain at a constant voltage and pulse the gate and vice versa. I understand the pulse width can only be controlled in the 2410 as mentioned in the application note "Generating Current or Voltage Pulses with ‘non-pulse mode’ SourceMeter" . However, since I will be obtaining measurements directly using the onboard buffer I am assuming I would need to use a trigger to sync the recording or the 2410 with the 6517A? Would the trigger need to be external or could I send the read command at the same time to both instruments :?

Any comments, suggestion or solutions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Darren

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 2410 and 6517A Sync DAQ

Post by Dale C » June 27th, 2011, 6:39 am

Either method of triggering would suffice.
Using a READ? command would be a little skewed because you would have to send it to both instruments, one after the other.
This would take time(tens of milliseconds?).
The external trigger is a much more efficient method.
Using Trigger Link between the two it would be a hardware trigger. The trigger delays would be less than a milli second.

dalvares

Re: 2410 and 6517A Sync DAQ

Post by dalvares » June 29th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your feedback. I had a go at writing up basic code in LABVIEW to do it with the READ command sent at both times and then view the data. Theres a few things I am still unsure of.

I have applied a 2 point source voltage. One at 0 volts and the other at 1 volt. I am assuming I would need to control the delay through the source delay time for both source voltages (0,1) and this would define my on and off time.

Will the output give me a timestamp as well as a current value from both the 2400 and 6517?
Ideally I want to set the 6517 to acquire continously. Where do I set the sample rate or the amount of samples to ensure I get a good waveform? Is this the trigger count? I have currently set it to INF.
For the 2410 I am under the impression that the trigger count is the amount of times the source voltage is applied. So in the case of the 2410 routine is this the number of pulse. How do I improve the data resolution at each pulse. (Dunno if I am asking the correct question)

thanks again for your assistance.

Seems like I am close.

Looking forward to your feedback on the commands
Attachments
2400sweep_Software_Sync.vi
(30.55 KiB) Downloaded 1385 times

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”