Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

In queue of :INIT command?

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
ykcheow

In queue of :INIT command?

Post by ykcheow » July 19th, 2011, 8:58 pm

Hi all, i'm a test development engineer and currently working on a new application with K2400 SMU. Basically, in my application, i have a loop that keep trigger the K2400 to measure current by using the :INIT command. All the measured values will be stored in the K2400 buffer and retrieve once the loop is completed.

However, i'm found out everything seem work fine with NPLC=0.01 (fastest). However, when i change the NPLC = 0.1, the K2400 is still triggered to read the current even my loop has stopped. I observed it through the display panel of K2400.

I guess because the loop is executed faster than the time that K2400 takes to measure the current and that is why all the :INIT command has been putting in queue in the K2400. Is that true?

Is K2400 will put the :INIT command in queue until the first measurement has been completed?

Kenneth L
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: In queue of :INIT command?

Post by Kenneth L » July 25th, 2011, 8:01 pm

ykcheow wrote:Hi all, i'm a test development engineer and currently working on a new application with K2400 SMU. Basically, in my application, i have a loop that keep trigger the K2400 to measure current by using the :INIT command. All the measured values will be stored in the K2400 buffer and retrieve once the loop is completed.

However, i'm found out everything seem work fine with NPLC=0.01 (fastest). However, when i change the NPLC = 0.1, the K2400 is still triggered to read the current even my loop has stopped. I observed it through the display panel of K2400.

I guess because the loop is executed faster than the time that K2400 takes to measure the current and that is why all the :INIT command has been putting in queue in the K2400. Is that true?

Is K2400 will put the :INIT command in queue until the first measurement has been completed?
Hi ykcheow,

I believe you are doing voltage biasing and taking readings(current) based on trigger counts.

Yes, the :INIT trigger will be put in queue if the unit is currently performing a measurement. The next :INIT will be executed after the unit returns to idle.

Every :INIT performs a Source-Delay-Measure cycle. The instrument returns to idle state after the SDM cycle. The next :INIT will initiate a new SDM cycle.

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”