Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

GUI for SCPI program ?

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
Kanu04

GUI for SCPI program ?

Post by Kanu04 » December 19th, 2010, 3:07 pm

Hi All,

We are using 2400 series sourcemeter for our lab equipment. We want to interface to the PC through RS232. After reading the manuals, I understand that the programming can be done using SCPI commands. I was wondering what GUI do I need for programming ?

I appreciate it someone can help me out with this.

Thanks,
Kanu

Tom Sw
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: GUI for SCPI program ?

Post by Tom Sw » December 19th, 2010, 7:01 pm

You'll need to use a software development environment and create a program. This could be LabView, one of the .NET languages, or even VBA inside Excel. Most people choose a language or development environment based on their familiarity with a specific software package.

Kanu04

Post by Kanu04 » December 27th, 2010, 9:57 am

Hi Tom,

I did a few searches and downloaded the VB.NET for to communicate using RS232. But you mentioned that it could be done through Lab View as well. Is there any documentation for that ? Further we need to trigger the sourcemeter too using Lab View or Signal Express. It will really helpful if I can get a few pointers regarding these.

I will appreciate if you can give me few pointers for the above questions.

Thanks,
Kanu

Kanu04

Post by Kanu04 » December 27th, 2010, 10:50 am

Hi All,

I think I found answer to my previous questions. I looked for Labview drivers on this site. I have one more question. I know that sampling frequency can be set for the input we provide. How do I measure the same for the output waveforms ?

Thanks,
Kanu

Tom Sw
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Tom Sw » December 28th, 2010, 5:13 am

I'm not certain I understand your question. If you're asking how you can control how often you measure, then you may want to review the trigger model in the manual. There are a number of ways to control how frequently measurements are made.

Kanu04

Post by Kanu04 » January 3rd, 2011, 2:50 pm

Hi Tom,

I have a very basic doubt about the sourcemeter. Since we are supposed to provide signals to our device under test, I was just wondering what is the function of sourcemeter ? Is it just to provide VDD or signals as well ? In fact what does Source V, Measure I mean ? I have got literally confused since the time I am trying to configure the Labview for sending signals.

I will appreciate if you can resolve my query.

Thanks,
Kanu

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”