Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Setting up source meter with external trigger

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
rzakai

Setting up source meter with external trigger

Post by rzakai » August 23rd, 2011, 10:18 am

I am in need of some quick pointers with 2420 source meter. I am triggering it externally. Initially, I want the source to be high-Z or a predefined voltage V1. After the trigger signal is received, I want the meter to source a voltage V2, hold that voltage for time T, measure and then turn the source off (high-Z or voltage V3).

I have been able to get the trigger part of it programmed correctly but I am having trouble getting the meter to source correct voltage before trigger, during SDM and after SDM. Do I have to program a sweep here?

Thanks

Nathan S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Setting up source meter with external trigger

Post by Nathan S » August 23rd, 2011, 11:12 am

I would do a source memory sweep for this application for its ability to be customized. This is in section 10 of my 2400 User manual, starting on page 201 of 518 of the PDF. There is a general example without the custom delays and what not on page 206 in Table 10-8 though table 10-7 shows more source memory sweep remote commands.

Hope this helps. Also, just in case you did not know, the output off state of the 2400 is customizable to a high-impedance mode where a relay disconnects the jacks from the analog circuitry inside for theoretically a very high impedance.

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”