Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.
Also, is it possible to save the data directly to my computer instead of limiting myself to batches of 2500 points? The purpose of the measurements requires high speed and real time plotting, but I am not getting the data fast enough. I am constantly required to put delays on my code (in Python) because the computer can't access the data fast enough. Please any help with issue will be greatly appreciated.
- Keithley Applications
- Posts: 2849
- Joined: June 10th, 2010, 6:22 am
- Country: United States
The first thing I would suggest is to use GPIB. GPIB can go at a rate of about 1M byte per second.
RS-232 on the 2400 is about 57600 BAUD at maximum.
2. The 2400 can store data and send data at the same time. This will slow the data taking process. By how much I am not sure and do not have the timing difference numbers.
3. Storing data in the trace buffer is the fastest method to take data on the 2400. However, you are limited to the 2500 points.
4. Taking and sending data without storing the data is slower but this could be continuous.
Just use a loop with a :READ?
5. How fast do you need to take data?
The absolute maximum speed of the 2400 is about 2000 readings per second.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests