Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Sweep autorange information and

Models 2400, 2401, 2410, 2420, 2425, 2430, 2440, 6430
chrisfez

Sweep autorange information and

Post by chrisfez » October 4th, 2011, 11:40 am

Hi, I have two separate questions that I hope you could help with (both using the 2400):

1. Is it possible to read out what sense range the instrument is in during a programmed sweep? I know the current range can be read using the :RANGE ? query, but it would be useful to know what range the instrument is in for every point during an sense autoranging sweep.

2. What is the fastest way to switch between different configurations over GPIB? For example, I'd like to program the 2400 to source current for several seconds while measuring voltage repeatedly, then source voltage for several seconds and measure current repeatedly. My understanding is that the source memory sweep could only do this for 100 points, which is insufficient for this application - is this correct? Would the best approach be to save the setups using the *SAV command and then *RCL the setup?

Thanks for your help,

Chris

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Sweep autorange information and

Post by Dale C » October 4th, 2011, 12:25 pm

1. Cannot read sense range during a sweep.
2. The Source Memory is the fastest method for this. If 100 points is not enough then I would suggest to send the "group" of commands that configures the 2400 for what you need. Using the *SAV and *RCL only has four set ups max. And if 100 points in the source memory is not enough then certainly the four in the *SAV and *RCL would not help.

Return to “2400 Series SourceMeter”