Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Keithley 2636B Source Meter - Pulse Mode Calibration.

Models 2601, 2602, 2611, 2612, 2635, 2636
Models 2601A, 2602A, 2611A, 2612A, 2635A, 2636A
Models 2601B, 2602B, 2604B, 2611B, 2612B, 2614B, 2634B, 2635B, 2636B
Mark-ADC UK WITNEY

Keithley 2636B Source Meter - Pulse Mode Calibration.

Post by Mark-ADC UK WITNEY » November 23rd, 2016, 10:27 am

Hi,

My names Mark Bosley and I work as a Calibration Technician at Abbott Diabetes Care in Witney, UK.

Just wondering whether anyone might be able to help me out with a quick query please??

So, we send our 2636B's back to Keithley Tektronix for a UKAS standard calibration on a yearly basis, however, it has been noted that they are not being calibrated at the 10A range for both Current Source and Measure during this. Why is that?? I appreciate this function is only available when in Pulse Mode. Is there some reason why this function is not being calibrated though?? I suspect that it is potentially due to the Pulse Mode, but I would like to have that confirmed if possible.

If anyone has any thoughts then they would be very much appreciated, apologies for my ignorance.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Vince W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Keithley 2636B Source Meter - Pulse Mode Calibration.

Post by Vince W » November 23rd, 2016, 11:34 am

Hello Mark,

If an OEM calibration was performed, it should include 10 amp source and measure range adjustments (if done) with before/after measurements.

Do you know if this was an MVS (multi-vendor services) cal, or an OEM cal performed by Tektronix?
A Greater Measure of Confidence

Mark-ADC UK WITNEY

Post by Mark-ADC UK WITNEY » November 23rd, 2016, 11:47 am

Hi Vince,

Many thanks for your quick reply, much appreciated.

So, I believe it was an OEM calibration being completed, it was returned to the Tektronix service centre in Germering, Germany. I returned it for a UKAS standard (or equivalent) calibration and didn't request a limited calibration, for any points to be missed out. It sounds like there is no reason for this range not to have been calibrated then.

Out of interest for myself, can you just clarify a Multi-Vendor Service Calibration please??

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it.

Mark

Vince W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Vince W » November 25th, 2016, 9:17 am

HI Mark,

I checked with our calibration team at Keithley in Solon, OH. They confirmed the 10A range of the 2636B should be verified and reported.

There are two types of calibration service offered by Tektronix/Keithley:
OEM, where the Original Equipment Manufacturer performs the calibration service using the published required reference standards. This is also referred to as a Factory Certified Calibration.

MVS, a Multi-Vendor Service where any manufacturer's equipment can be calibrated, but not necessarily all ranges and functions of the instrument. This is also referred to as a Multi-Brand Commercial Calibration.

http://www.tek.com/calibration-services

You should have been made aware which of these services would be performed when it was quoted to you.
I am contacting our people in Germany to find out more for you.

Vince

Mark-ADC UK WITNEY

Post by Mark-ADC UK WITNEY » November 28th, 2016, 12:13 am

Hi Vince,

Ok, that makes more sense to me, so perhaps it seems I have had an MVS calibration completed rather than the OEM one on the instruments?? Not what I would have originally though. I appreciate your definition of the services though, that makes more sense to me now and I will be sure to question this each time moving forward.

Thank you for contacting the guys in Germany as well, I appreciate that, it will be good to hear what they have to say too.

Thanks again,
Mark

Vince W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Vince W » December 4th, 2016, 7:52 am

Hello Mark,

I've rechecked with our Calibration team in Solon, OH at Keithley again after hearing from the Calibration team in Germany. We have discovered that the MANUFACTURING calibration includes data for the 10A ranges, but because the 2636B's spec for the 10A range is "typical", we do not calibrate that range for repair or calibration services.

Sorry for the confusion.

Vince

Return to “2600 Series SourceMeter”