Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Current offset on 6221/2182A

savitale2000

Current offset on 6221/2182A

Post by savitale2000 » December 12th, 2017, 10:09 am

I am doing a 4-point differential conductivity measurement using a 6221 current source / 2182A voltmeter setup. The devices I am testing have a resistivity of about 1 gigaohm. They can only be operated up to about 1V. So the resulting currents are sub-nA. The problem I am having is that there appears to be a current offset, that varies randomly over time form test to test. A 0.2 nA current offset results in a 0.2 V voltage offset during the differential conductance measurement, which is far above what we need for these precision measurements.

I'm out of ideas about how to eliminate this offset current/voltage problem. Note that at the beginning of every measurement the 6221 displays “Acquiring V-Zero ...”, so I assume it is attempting some sort of voltage compensation, but unsuccessfully.

Return to “Low Current Measurements”