Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Measure Low Resistance - Problem

brooksone

Measure Low Resistance - Problem

Post by brooksone » July 1st, 2015, 4:40 am

Hallo,
I measured the resistance of a via using a Kelvin structure. I applied a current of 10mA and measured the the potentials at the top of the via and on the bottom of the via. All the current needs to go through the via i could easy calculate the resistance of the via by substracting the potentials divided by the current (expected resistance mOhm till few Ohms). Everthing seemed okay until i sweeped the current (from 0 to some mA) and found that the potential difference between the top and the bottom of the via always stays the same. This would result in a changing resistance.
I used a SCS 4200 with a Matrix 707B (4 SMUs (2 with preamp), Triax cables, DUT in shielded housing).
Does anybody has an idea what the problem might be?
Attachments
VIA.jpg
Kite Setup
VIA.jpg (144.09 KiB) Viewed 8221 times

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Measure Low Resistance - Problem

Post by Andrea C » July 1st, 2015, 7:06 am

Are any of the SMU entering a compliance limit?

The voltage drop across the via will be SMU1-SMU2. But what is the starting value of SMU1? Is it at 200mV (the compliance limit)?

Return to “Low Voltage Measurements”