Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Controlling Differential Conductance with Current and Voltage

joshicanchan

Controlling Differential Conductance with Current and Voltage

Post by joshicanchan » February 16th, 2016, 5:50 am

Differential Conductance is Controlled with current also all command for remote programming is available in 6221 manual.

KI6220 utility program offers the GUI feature to control the differential conductance test in terms of voltage.
But in manual of 6221 there is no such option which provide option to control with voltage.

Please tell me where I can get remote command which enables control option for differential conductance?

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Controlling Differential Conductance with Current and Voltage

Post by Dale C » February 16th, 2016, 7:23 am

The differential conductance feature of the Model 6221 is usually used with the force current measure voltage technique.
2687 Diff.pdf
(193.72 KiB) Downloaded 1116 times
Take at look at the attached application note for voltage control with differential conductance.

joshicanchan

Post by joshicanchan » February 16th, 2016, 9:05 pm

The document describes how Keithley performing Differential Conductance.
I have read that in your another document which describes a new technique for differential conductance.
I am asking how to make a program for differential conductance similar to your GUI program KI6220.exe which has a control option also.

If possible can you provide me the source code of the program.

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Dale C » February 17th, 2016, 6:29 am

That is correct. The app note describes how to use the 6221 and other equipment for voltage control of differential conductance.

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Andrea C » February 17th, 2016, 3:40 pm

The KI6220 startup software does allow control of Differential Conductance in terms of Voltage or Current.
The tabs in that program offer this explanation:
When defining the test in terms of voltage there is one other input that is enabled on the Advanced Tab. Because the test is actually being conducted by a current source and voltmeter the voltages need to be related to current. The user can select to estimate the device resistance and the instrument will convert the data points using Ohm's Law.

LiangWu

Post by LiangWu » August 14th, 2018, 3:09 pm

Hey Joshicanchan,

I want to measure the differential conductance too, could you please share me the KI6220 program, I can't find it by google. Thanks so much!

Liang
joshicanchan wrote:
February 16th, 2016, 5:50 am
Differential Conductance is Controlled with current also all command for remote programming is available in 6221 manual.

KI6220 utility program offers the GUI feature to control the differential conductance test in terms of voltage.
But in manual of 6221 there is no such option which provide option to control with voltage.

Please tell me where I can get remote command which enables control option for differential conductance?

Return to “Low Voltage Measurements”