Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Sourcing current, measuring voltage: dual channel

michi.winti

Sourcing current, measuring voltage: dual channel

Post by michi.winti » February 24th, 2020, 2:45 am

Hello,

i am using a 2-channel 2612B and i want to source constant currents and measure the voltage over time as a pre-test on a LED.
Therefore i want to use one channel (smua) for sourcing and the other one (smub) for measuring.

I tried a lot, but it is not possible to do so.

Just to check each channel's ability, i used smua and afterwards also smub as source and measure channel.
-> It worked!

Why am i not using this Setup for the future?
-> In the next step i have to source again my LED, but the measurement is in another place in a circuit.

What can i do to solve the Problem?
Thank you!

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Sourcing current, measuring voltage: dual channel

Post by Andrea C » February 25th, 2020, 5:46 am

I'm not sure I fully understand the question/issue, but as a guess let me offer this:

To have a SMU channel behave as a voltmeter, configure that channel as a zero amp current source with a voltage compliance higher than the voltage signal you will be measuring. Use the lowest current range to force the 0 Amps.
This config will mimic a high input R voltmeter with little or no current flowing into the SMU and will minimize loading for the voltage measurement.

michi.winti

Re: Sourcing current, measuring voltage: dual channel

Post by michi.winti » February 26th, 2020, 5:15 am

Thanks a lot!

It's working!

Return to “Low Voltage Measurements”