Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

a labview current sourcing sample need for 2651a

Model 2651A
yiqieke

a labview current sourcing sample need for 2651a

Post by yiqieke » October 14th, 2011, 12:27 pm

Anyone can supply one labview sample program for current sourcing for one 2651A. I downloaded the labview driver 2600 from keithely and I'm using kusb-488b gpib card.
I can't understand the functions of multiple channels (e.g channel A ;channael B) and the node (0-64).
If I just use one 2651 A, do I still need mutiple channels? What's the node I need to use for just one 2651A?

Thanks!

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: a labview current sourcing sample need for 2651a

Post by Andrea C » October 28th, 2011, 2:13 pm

Hello

Try the KE26xx Config Source & Measure.vi example that is contained in the LV library.

If you have only a single 26xx product then set the Node = 0.
If you have a single SMU product (such as the 2651A), then channel = Channel A.
Set the front panel control for source function to Current.
Set the level to the amount of current you want to source.
The Limit control pertains to the Voltage Limit (if sourcing current).

Andrea

yiqieke

Post by yiqieke » November 1st, 2011, 11:26 am

Thanks much! Now it works!

yiqieke

Post by yiqieke » November 2nd, 2011, 7:57 am

....Got new issues..

Currently I can use 2- wire method to test the battery and I can get the right numbers. E.g. I can get 8.9 V .
However when I use 4-wire way ( two wires for output and two wires for sensing) to test the same battery at the same condition, I can only get 4V.
I don't why this happened?

When I use keithley 2420 to test the same battery by using two methodes : 2-wire and 4-wire. The results just show a little difference.

Thanks!

Vince W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Vince W » October 16th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Just in case you have not figured this out already last year, I want to make sure your question is answered.

If you are NOT using 4-wire measurements and are indeed using 2-wire measurements, it makes sense to me that the battery voltage would be higher with 2-wire measurements, if you are sourcing a significant current to the battery.

Also depending on the type of wire you use, and how it is arranged, you could see a large voltage drop after the 2651A's output turns on, due to lead inductance.
Generally, it is best to use a low-inductance (L), low-resistance (R) connection between the 2651A's high-current output and your device (battery). This means using a heavy-guage wire with minimal distance between the HI and LO leads. That is why we recommend the low-inductance coaxial cable which was included with your 2651A for the high-current output connection.

The sense lead types are not as crucial. They can be higher in resistance and inductance (relative to the output leads) since they are not carrying as large of a current.

This is discussed in detail in our 2651A User's Manual and Reference Manual, if you would like more explanation.
A Greater Measure of Confidence

Return to “2651A High Current SourceMeter”