Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Strange measurement readings

Model 2651A
Tobias

Strange measurement readings

Post by Tobias » February 11th, 2015, 6:53 am

Dear all,

we would like to perform I-V-measurements of solar cells with a Keithley 2651A.

However, we are facing the problem that, after measurement, sometimes readings in the order of 10^40 occur in both voltage and current measurement which obviously cannot be correct.
This problem occurs as soon as source and/or measurement range is set to "autorange". Sometimes it occurs even if a constant meas. range is set.

What could be the reason for this? Could the 2651A be faulty?

Measurement is performed in 4-wire-mode with TSP express interface, source function set to "voltage", linear sweep from -1V to 1V.

Regards,

Tobias

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Strange measurement readings

Post by Dale C » February 12th, 2015, 5:35 am

Hey Dale, thanks for your quick answer. Well, since I’ve set the 2651A to auto range, a range overflow shouldn’t happen, right?
On the other hand, all connections are good but I will double-check.

So far,

Tobias

The 9.9e37 measurement is an overflow condition.
So either the range is overflowed or the terminals are open or the software has a glitch.

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Strange measurement readings

Post by brian.d.smith » February 16th, 2015, 6:31 pm

TSP Express will return an overflow when the compliance is set to less than the range maximum. It happens to me frequently when I am demonstrating in front of a customer. You have to check every one of the settings to make sure that you have not requested the SMU to perform an impossible task.

Return to “2651A High Current SourceMeter”