Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Rotating the 2651A rotary knob and plotting IV graph

Model 2651A
kelvinp

Rotating the 2651A rotary knob and plotting IV graph

Post by kelvinp » July 11th, 2012, 6:00 am

Hi Keithley Apps,
I am interested in writing a software application that plots the IV graph while the user turns the "physical" rotary knob on the 2651A. I have a feeling that this can be done because there is a similar module in TSP Express called Virtual Front Panels, that the user can physically press any buttons on the front panel and its state is reflected in the Virtual Front Panels software. However, it would be even better if the Virtual Front Panels software can automatically plot the IV curve on a graph when the user turns the "physical" knob on the 2651A. Hence, I would like to write a software on LabVIEW to achieve this (ie turning the physical knob and plotting IV curve on software). Can you help give me some guidance on this? Must I use LXI for this task? Can I use GPIB? Thank you in advance.

Jane S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Rotating the 2651A rotary knob and plotting IV graph

Post by Jane S » July 11th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Hello,
It occurs to me that you are developing a curvetracing capability using the 2651A. If so, we do have a similar capability using our ACS Basic software package. If this is what you need, this will save you development time. Do contact our Singapore office Applications Engineer for the capability.

Return to “2651A High Current SourceMeter”