Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

LXI LAN trigger packet

Model 2651A
tom_clancy

LXI LAN trigger packet

Post by tom_clancy » September 26th, 2012, 4:27 am

Hello,

I would like to trigger my script over LAN with "lan.trigger[N]" using an external program.
The external program is in VB.NET and I could successfully load over Visual Basic a userscript stored on the device .

I know what the LXI LAN packet contents are (http://www.lxistandard.org/Documents/Pa ... gering.pdf page 7) but
I don't know how to create this packet in Visual Basic and how to send it to the device, where the script waits for the LAN-trigger ( lan.trigger[N].wait() ).

Please help me ...

Thanks

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: LXI LAN trigger packet

Post by Dale C » October 1st, 2012, 8:31 am

LAN triggers are usually used from instrument to instrument, not from PC to instrument. If you are simply trying to trigger the instrument from the computer you are controlling it with, then you should use the communications bus trigger (trigger.wait()) instead of a LAN trigger then simply send the *TRG command over the command interface.

tom_clancy

Re: LXI LAN trigger packet

Post by tom_clancy » October 9th, 2012, 12:45 am

Thank you,
the *TRG-command works fine and as I wanted it to. :)

tom_clancy

Return to “2651A High Current SourceMeter”