Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.
I am trying to create a very specific pulse using the LabVIEW drivers for a Keithley 2651A. Basically I aim to combine three pulses (-1 mA (measure V), 5 A (no measurement required), -1 mA (measure V)) which should follow very quickly after one another. The time between the second and third pulse is crucial and should preferably be in the µs range.
Is the Keithley 2651A able to accomplish this using its LabVIEW drivers? If so, what would be the best way to go about it?
- Keithley Applications
- Posts: 204
- Joined: May 18th, 2012, 12:12 pm
- Country: United States
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
You cannot split different pulses with different instrument configurations if you plan on going through the three of them as fast as possible with the 2651A. If you're okay with measuring voltage when sourcing 5 A then you can make use of the list sweep capability of the 2600 and combine all three pulses into one list.
The "Sweep Pulsemode" and "Sweep Config" are the VIs that you would use to configure a list sweep in pulse mode. You will just have to provide the list as an input to the "Sweep Config" VI.
However, I do have two additional questions:
1) Ideally the 5A pulse should trigger a Keitlhey 2400 to source 6V during the duration of the pulse width. Are these two Source measure units compatible for this purpose?
2) The measurement of each pulse should be taken shortly after each pulse is generated. The pulses from the IList is currently triggered of the ARMED_EVENT_ID and the pulse widths are controlled by a delay list and the endpulse event respectively. Question is, how do I configure the measurement trigger to take measurements at the very begining of each pulse (e.g. 0.003 s after the pulse is generated)?
Thought I would add a supplement to the second question.
Attached you will find the essential part of my current VI. For this configuration the first of the three collected measurements seem accurate and has a corresponding value to the first pulse while the other two measurement do not correspond at all.
- VI.png (27.1 KiB) Viewed 19508 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests