Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Configuration error on measurements

S ELISABETH

Configuration error on measurements

Post by S ELISABETH » June 4th, 2014, 1:48 am

Hello all,

We have noticed a big problem on our 4200 SCS since few day in KITE 8.2 SP2. In fact, we cannot configure any simple measurement. Each time we try by clicking on FORCE MEASURE a error message shows up and say "Invalid formula syntax." with OK button. I can enter in the configuration windows after sevral click on OK, but by default I have this.
default.JPG
default.JPG (22.4 KiB) Viewed 12804 times
When I try to change the forcing function on voltage sweep, I have a message like "the Parameter is incorrect".
By default, some function like CV mesaurements are configured, I try to launch them and the measure was good.
Has anybody seen this before? I think that the problem is the software.
Can anyone help me please?

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Configuration error on measurements

Post by Andrea C » June 12th, 2014, 5:08 am

Hello,

From the screen capture you have provided, it does show a very strange situation.
In the blue caption part, the CVH1 instrument resource is in use, but in the Instrument Information Frame, all the instrument ID and model information is empty.
Somehow this ITM is not associated to any actual hardware. This is very odd and I've never seen such a symptom.

It seems also that you have indicated that any already configured ITMs from existing projects are able to execute and bring back valid data.

So, the problem is happening only when adding and trying to configure new ITMs?
Does this happen for every new ITM that you add to a project?
Does it happen for both SMU and CVU based tests?

Andrea

S ELISABETH

Post by S ELISABETH » June 12th, 2014, 6:15 am

Hello,
First of all thank you for your concern.

The odd situation shown in the blue caption part is the same even if I choose voltage Bias in the function part for exemple.
I try again to run default ITMs without any configuration, and it's OK. I ran the function and it returns some value but I can't change the parameters.
Even if I set new ITMs the problem is the same, and appears only when I try to configure them.
And it happen for both SMU and CVU tests.

Stephane

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Andrea C » June 13th, 2014, 4:59 am

Hi Stephane,

Sorry to say I do not recognize this symptom and so can only offer guesses.

If not already done, do a complete shut down and restart of the system.

If the problem persists, run the "Initialize New User" from the Keithley program group from the Windows Start menu.

If the problem persists, exit KITE software and invoke KCON. From the Tools menu, run the validate configuration. Any errors?
For the SMU or CVU cards installed, the KCON screens offer a Self Test. Be sure to follow the prompts about expected wiring connections when executing these tests. Any errors?

You mention that this is KITE 8.2 SP2 and so it would be a Windows XP system. Do you have any virus protection on this system? Not only network connections, but thumb drives can also infect computers.

As last resort, you could try to reinstall the KITE software.

Andrea

Mehdi_Ramin

Post by Mehdi_Ramin » October 10th, 2017, 7:42 am

Did you manage to solve the problem?

S ELISABETH wrote:
June 12th, 2014, 6:15 am
Hello,
First of all thank you for your concern.

The odd situation shown in the blue caption part is the same even if I choose voltage Bias in the function part for exemple.
I try again to run default ITMs without any configuration, and it's OK. I ran the function and it returns some value but I can't change the parameters.
Even if I set new ITMs the problem is the same, and appears only when I try to configure them.
And it happen for both SMU and CVU tests.

Stephane

sergi.sanchez

Post by sergi.sanchez » January 17th, 2019, 2:55 am

I have the same error! Any solution?

Return to “4200-SCS Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer”