Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Report pulse on/off time

picknick00

Report pulse on/off time

Post by picknick00 » September 5th, 2014, 10:44 am

Hi,

I'm doing some two terminal IV sweeps in pulse mode. I export the data in .xls files. When looking at "Settings" sheet inside the excel file, I realized that almost every relevant sweep's parameter was reported. In reference to Pulse mode only is reported if is enabled or not. Is there a way to report which on and off time I use?

Regards,

Mariano
INTI-CMNB

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Report pulse on/off time

Post by Dale C » September 17th, 2014, 7:40 am

Please provide:
1. Zipped project, from C:\s4200\kiuser\project
2. A detail description of the problem. The posted explanation below is to vague. :?

picknick00

Post by picknick00 » September 17th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Yes, it's true, the question is quite general. Sorry!

I attached the project you asked for.

When you want to measure current while sourcing voltage onto a two-terminal device, for example a resistance, you have lot of options for the source. Using an ITM in sweeping mode you can select voltage bias, voltage sweep and voltage list sweep (the question will remain the same if measuring voltage while sourcing current). Suppose you have selected "voltage sweep" from 0 V to 5 V with 0.5 V of step, to give some example, now, as you want to measure current you can specified the current range for the measurement or leave it in autorange. For the first option, when you select the desired range, the "pulse mode" checkbox is now enabled and you can do your sweep in a pulsed way setting the pulse on time, pulse off time and a base voltage for the off period. If you choose autorange you can't do this pulsed sweep.

This "pulse mode" is described in page 6-100 of the Reference Manual 4200-901-01 Rev. N of September 2011. When you save the registered data in a .xls (almost) everything you have set up for the voltage sweep is saved in the "Settings" sheet of the file. I said "almost" because the selected on and off times of the pulsed sweep are not saved. Is there a way to save the configured on and off times?

Regards,

Mariano
Attachments
iv_various.zip
(87.35 KiB) Downloaded 1384 times

Alex P
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Alex P » September 18th, 2014, 6:27 am

You are right. Pulse timing for "pulse" mode is not saved in the spreadsheet. This data however is saved with test (ITM) itself, and is not lost. If you want to save more notes or comments related to the test, we do offer "Test Notes" tab, where you can store any information related to the test. Anyway, I will report the request as enhancement request.

picknick00

Post by picknick00 » September 22nd, 2014, 8:36 am

Thank you for your response.

Regards,

Mariano

Alan I
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Alan I » September 25th, 2014, 9:41 am

Your enhancement request has officially been logged, and will be given due consideration for a future product upgrade.

Return to “4200-SCS Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer”