Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Digital I/O for 4200

jocker84

Digital I/O for 4200

Post by jocker84 » June 3rd, 2016, 12:47 am

Hi,

we would like to test transistors which can be accessed only by an on-chip circuit via JTAG digital I/O.
The transfer characteristic is measured with the PMU with a costumized UTM. Can you recommend a digital I/O Device (USB/PCI card) which can be controlled via UTM, so that the control of on-chip JTAG circuits can be smoothly integrated with the control of the PMU?

thanks a lot
Johannes

Kenneth P
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Digital I/O for 4200

Post by Kenneth P » June 14th, 2016, 11:16 am

I do not recommend any PCI based digital I/O cards. This leaves GPIB, USB or Ethernet. The easiest implementation would likely be a USB driven type. NI sells for fairly low cost digital I/O devices. The NI USB-6501 supports ANSI C however I suggest contacting the supplier regarding their driver support before making a purchase. You should be OK so long as they have an ANSI C driver that can be included as a dependency in your custom library.

jocker84

Re: Digital I/O for 4200

Post by jocker84 » July 22nd, 2016, 3:45 am

Hello Kenneth,

thanks for your answer. We already bought the NI USB-6501 and use it via Labview. We will now try to implement directly in to the C-code of the Keithley to get better control over both the PMU and the JTAG controls

Cheers
Johannes

Return to “4200-SCS Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer”