Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Help in resistivity measurement in van der Pauw 4200 SCS

ashuiitd

Help in resistivity measurement in van der Pauw 4200 SCS

Post by ashuiitd » September 7th, 2012, 10:13 am

Hello

I am using Keithley SCS 4200 for basic electrical measurement like I-V, C-V, resistivity measurement etc. My SCS 4200 is having only 2 SMU ( 1 medium power and other with pre amp). The preinstalled resistivity measurement test requires atleast 3 SMU's but i have only two.

I want to know how to do resistivity measurement in four probe configuration manually. My work is on GaN epitaxial films. I have made four ohmic contacts on them. I want to one One SMU for source and other for sense. Infact 1 SMU can be used for both sense and source but i dont know how. I can do switching manually.

Please guide me

Thanks
Ashutosh

Mark W
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Help in resistivity measurement in van der Pauw 4200 SCS

Post by Mark W » September 18th, 2012, 6:12 am

Yes you can do Van Der Pauw measurements with only two SMU's, But you will have to manually change your hookups for the different configurations. Just follow the Hookup diagram as shown in Fig 4 of the document below, and setup your own ITM for each configuration. You need four SMU's to perform the measurements without changing connections.

http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=15222

Mark

Return to “4200-SCS Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer”