Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

2450 output off after sweep

Models 2450, 2460, 2461, 2470
jbmanch

2450 output off after sweep

Post by jbmanch » August 14th, 2021, 6:18 am

Hello,

Is there a way to disable the output switching off after a voltage or current sweep on the Keithley 2450? I have not been able to find such a setting in the manual.
I am using the linear sweep function on the Keithley 2450 to control transistor gates. I don't think the gate would survive if the sourcemeter switches on and off the voltages from high values every now and then. The current is generally very low in this application (~1nA).

Thank you in advance.

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: 2450 output off after sweep

Post by Andrea C » August 25th, 2021, 7:26 am

The smu.source.sweeplinear() function creates a trigger flow.
On the instrument, you can observe the trigger blocks that make up the operation.
After setting up the sweep, press the MENU button.
Under the Trigger column, select Configure.

Note that blocks 10 and 12 will cause the 2450 to turn the (blue light) output off.
2450_linearSweep_function_trigger_blocks.PNG
2450_linearSweep_function_trigger_blocks.PNG (36.25 KiB) Viewed 61 times
You could just delete these blocks, but then the last sourced value from your completed sweep will be applied indefinitely. Is that what you want?

NOTE: when the SMU turns the output off, the default behavior is to be a 0V source with current limit of 10% of the current measure range in effect. This will discharge the cables and device.

Return to “2450/2460/2461/2470 Touchscreen SourceMeter”