Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Auto range/ Voltage limit

Model 2450, 2460
rudy1212

Auto range/ Voltage limit

Post by rudy1212 » June 14th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Hello,

I've been using an example LabVIEW program such as Sweep and Acquirement to attain a simple I-V measurement. I am aware that 4-wire setup has a hard-limit on voltage of 21V without an interlock, and I only try to sweep up to 20V. However, somehow the voltage gets capped at the level less than 20V--somewhere 16V to 17V depending on a sample (I source voltage and measure current).

I instead tried the manual setting on the touchscreen. I changed the range from auto to 200V, and when I source 20V, the sourcemeter correctly puts 20V to the sample and displays a reasonable amount of current reading. Therefore, I assume the premature voltage cap from the LabVIEW implementation comes from the voltage range set as auto. However, I am still very confused as to why this is so. Why does it get capped below the hard voltage limit when the range is in auto mode? And, is there a good way to reflect this on to the LabVIEW program?

Brad O
Keithley
Keithley

Re: Auto range/ Voltage limit

Post by Brad O » July 9th, 2018, 6:34 am

Hi,

So the voltage only sometimes gets locked to 16/17V? That behavior usually means the SMU is hitting a current limit, is that happening? What sort of current levels are you looking at?

I'm not aware of any bugs in the LabView driver but it's certainly possible.

Return to “2450/2460 Touchscreen SourceMeter”