Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Fixed timestep source and measure

Models 2450, 2460, 2461, 2470
ashfly

Fixed timestep source and measure

Post by ashfly » March 15th, 2021, 9:58 am

Hello

I have an application where I am looking to vary the current across a device and measure the change in voltage at a small fixed time step. I am using a 2461 SMU which I am controlling through MATLAB using SCPI commands.

I am currently sourcing a voltage and varying the current limit using a configuration list and storing the results in a buffer. This works reasonably well but the time step is not consistent and can oscillate between different values. I would also like to increase the sample rate, it can currently change the current limit and measure the response at around 1 kHz, but I would like to increase this to 10 kHz if possible.

How do I run a configuration list with fixed source and measurement time steps without adding significant delays into the system, also can I increase the rate at which I change the current limit and perform measurements?

Thanks

Ash

Return to “2450/2460/2461/2470 Touchscreen SourceMeter”