I wanted to try KickStart software, because we have 2 instruments from Keithley.
1) I have a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop with Intel i5 (10th generation) and Windows 10 Pro.
KickStart 2.5.0 installed on the laptop works fine, without any problem.
2) I have a second computer, a Lenovo ThinkCenter, brand new with fresh new Windows, also with Intel i5 (10th generation) and Windows 10 Pro.
Here the KickStart 2.5.0 is installed, but does open up, it does not run.
Both computers have also other instruments controlling software, from Chroma, which required also other NI VISA components.
Both computers have the same NI VISA components.
- Why KickStart does not open up on the Lenovo ThinkCenter and what can I do to debug/solve the problem and make it running?
(1) Are you running windows 10 professional version or home version or ?
(2) What version of windows 10 (build number is found by typing winver from the command line)?
(3) Did the you install with administrative privileges?
(3b) Did the installation run to completion or were there any problems?
(4) If the software attempts to open and did crash it will generate an event.
Can you send us the event view log contents for the events which correspond to the crash?
Open the event viewer. The click on the left hand side for Windows Logs, then select Application.
Usually there are two (sometimes just one) red errors in the event viewer.
Look at the Error which comes from .Net Runtime. Copy/export the contents into a text file attach here please.
(1) - Windows 10 Professional
(2) - 20H2 (Build 19042.928)
(3) - Yes
(3b) - Seems OK. When NI VISA starts the installation, now it jumps to the end, I guess because is already installed, and then it says to restart the PC, which I did always.
(4) - Please look into the attached text file.
On another forum it was suggested to check next:
1) NI VISA™ 17.5 Runtime Engine - (Should have been provided by the KickStart installer)
2) Microsoft® Visual Studio® C++ 2013 x64 Redistributable Package
3) Microsoft® Visual Studio® C++ 2017 x64 Redistributable Package
4) .NET Framework 4.7
1) Yes - I have.
2) Yes - I have.
3) No - did not have.
4) I have .NET Framework 4.8 (Windows 10 May 2020 Update: 528372)
I have downloaded and installed Microsoft® Visual Studio® C++ 2015-2019 x64 Redistributable Package 14.28.29914.
And tadam! The Kickstart 2.5.0 started and it works fine now on the second PC.
We have made changes to the latest KickStart software to correct this problem for support of latest windows 10 & 11.
(now installs Visual Studio® C++ 2015-2019 x64 Redistributable Package if needed).
Download the latest version of KickStart here:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests