Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

More than one K2700?

Use this forum for questions about Keithley KickStart software.
Giaime

More than one K2700?

Post by Giaime » January 21st, 2016, 12:32 am

Hello,

it seems that by connecting more than one 2700 instruments via GPIB, the "datalogger" mode of the program is not able to run multiple 2700, it only lets me select one.

Is it a known limitation, or am I doing something wrong?
Is there a plan to fix this?

Thanks very much in advance

Joseph V
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: More than one K2700?

Post by Joseph V » January 21st, 2016, 7:10 am

The kickstart software, similar to ExceLINX, can only record data from one 2700 per instance of the software.
If you have multiple 2700's you can open multiple kickstart instances and have each one connect to the different 2700s to collect data from them.

Giaime

Post by Giaime » January 21st, 2016, 7:14 am

Hi Joseph,

thanks for the kind answer. Do you think it's possible to do that sharing the same USB-GPIB interface? Or do I have to use 2 USB-GPIB interface, having 2 GPIB separate wirings?

Thanks and best regards

Joseph V
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Joseph V » January 25th, 2016, 7:56 am

I just tried running two instances of kickstart while using one KUSB-488B interface and a GPIB cable to connect two 2700's together.
It seems that I am able to run both instances of kickstart simultaneously and collect data from both of the instruments.
I however do not know if the data collected is correct or not as I was simply measuring noise.

Return to “KickStart”