Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Measuring more than 10k values over time

Use this forum for questions about Keithley KickStart software.
allse87

Measuring more than 10k values over time

Post by allse87 » February 16th, 2017, 2:01 am

Hello,
I am during drift measurements of some mosfets using 2 2450 smus with kickstart to setup the gate and drain biases. I am loging the current over time.
I want to measure for 3 days every 1sec, but I just noticed that kickstart does not allow more than 10000 points while 2450 can log almost 7 million points. Why is there such incompatibility, how can I setup my measurement to log approx. 300000 points? Is it possible to increase the number of points in kickstart?

P. S.
To sample every 1 sec I should set the delay to 1 sec, correct? Because if I include timestamp loging, it does not increment by 1 sec between measurements.

brian.d.smith
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Measuring more than 10k values over time

Post by brian.d.smith » February 16th, 2017, 11:32 am

A simple software loop will not be exactly synchronous to any clock. The trigger model is designed to be used when synchronous behavior is required. If you want to have exactly 1 sec increments, I believe that you would need to use the trigger model.

allse87

Post by allse87 » February 16th, 2017, 7:05 pm

brian.d.smith wrote:A simple software loop will not be exactly synchronous to any clock. The trigger model is designed to be used when synchronous behavior is required. If you want to have exactly 1 sec increments, I believe that you would need to use the trigger model.
Maybe exactly 1sec is not needed, but what about the problem with number of points, any way to increase it?

Jennifer C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Jennifer C » February 17th, 2017, 11:27 am

HI allse87,

You are correct. The current limitation of data points is 10k. There are a variety of reasons for this limitation. We are working to increase the number of data points KickStart can store in a future version. However, that won't help your immediate test needs. I'll send you a private message to follow up.

Jennifer Cheney

Jennifer C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Post by Jennifer C » February 17th, 2017, 12:05 pm

Also, the "delay" parameter does control the approximate time between data points. If you want 1 sec delay between data points, then set the delay to 1 sec.

Return to “KickStart”