Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Kickstart 2.0.5 - RAM issue

Use this forum for questions about Keithley KickStart software.
elgruby

Kickstart 2.0.5 - RAM issue

Post by elgruby » January 19th, 2019, 12:44 am

Hi Support Team,
we recognized after few days of scanning:
- computer is completely stack because Kickstart is using almost full capacity of RAM memory (check photo).
- After few days of scanning of 2 x 2701 multimeters (160 channels - cards 7708) file has 3 GB and it's not possible to re-open Kickstart project with that RUN inside. Why .csv is not created automatically like in version before? Now we are not able to check our scans.

Additional question:
- how to change resolution of the mulimeter. It was possible in version 1.9.8 (6,5 digits to 5,5 for example) ?

Please help.

Could you add button "Select all channels" ?
Attachments
IMG_20190119_083053 (Copy).jpg
IMG_20190119_083053 (Copy).jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 2676 times

Jennifer C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Kickstart 2.0.5 - RAM issue

Post by Jennifer C » January 21st, 2019, 10:57 am

Hi elruby,

Regarding the 3GB project for KickStart with 2 x 2701, this issue has been previously reported and fixed. I am expecting that a new KickStart release (version 2.0.6) will occur by the end of this month (January 2019). I will post an announcement to the forum when the release is posted to the website

KickStart automatically streams the data to file during a test using the .hdf5 format. If you'd like to view the data in .csv format, you can do that by exporting the data. KickStart has an auto-export feature where the data is automatically exported every 2 minutes throughout the test. To access to the auto-export feature, note the appropriate buttons in the app toolbar highlighted in the image below:

accessing export functionality.png
accessing export functionality.png (37.11 KiB) Viewed 2661 times

Regarding the resolution of the multimeter, KickStart 2.x does not include the provision to change the display resolution. I'd be happy to enter an enhancement request on your behalf. Can you share more about why this feature is important to you? Is it to adjust the display on the front panel on the instrument? Or to address the resolution of the data returned to the KickStart table and graph?

Regarding the RAM issue, I'm checking into this with the KickStart engineering team. Can you provide me with some details on your specific PC, such as amount of RAM available? Operating system? Processor speed? If you prefer, you can send me a private message on the forum or an email to [email protected].

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Kickstart 2.0.5 - RAM issue

Post by Jennifer C » February 4th, 2019, 8:35 am

Hello elruby,

We have released version 2.0.6 of KickStart to the web. Included in this release is a fix to the saved project issue you have encountered. We also found the root cause of the memory issue and were able to get that fix in this release also. We feel that you will be much happier with this latest version of KickStart.

Please download version 2.0.6. here: https://www.tek.com/software/kickstart/2-0-6

Please let me know if you have further issues.

Regards,

Jennifer

Return to “KickStart”