Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Software Installation

davtechxxx

Software Installation

Post by davtechxxx » October 25th, 2010, 1:33 pm

Hello

I was trying to install the software to communicate with k3390 AWG on a laptop running Windows Vista
32-bit Home Premium.

In the past prior to this laptop I managed to successfully install the software on a laptop running Windows
XP SP3 but I have some issuese with Vista. Here is what I do

- From the CD I download and install KESPI_B07 that should provide the IVI-C driver for any
SCPI-base Instruments
- restart the system
- From the CD I download and install KESPI_B07 which should be the I/O Layer which has the
Keithley Communicator
- restart

At this point I believe that using the Keithley communicator I should already be able to
communicate with K3390 as I didi in the past with Windows XP. Unfortunately, this time
it does not seem to work. Windows Vista does not recognise the instrument when I plug in
the USB and any search for drivers is vane.
I remember having issuses with the anti virus software in the past hence, I completely disabled
it but this is not the solution. I am not sure that there is compatibility between what I am
trying to install and Windows Vista, could anyone help me a little with this pointing me in
the right direction? Do I need to download new software to get the communication
to work on Vista?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank.

Dale C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Software Installation

Post by Dale C » October 26th, 2010, 1:23 pm

You should, at minimum, be using the latest I/O Layer KIOL-850C04 which is on the Keithley website.
Best to uninstall the old I/O layer first...
Here is the link
http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=52766

Return to “Other Keithley Instrument Products”