Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

:ABOR Command freezes all functionality and terminates GPIB Session.

DMM7510 7½-Digit Graphical Sampling Multimeter
Forum rules
<t></t>
dfetters

:ABOR Command freezes all functionality and terminates GPIB Session.

Post by dfetters » June 21st, 2021, 6:53 am

When sending an :ABOR SCPI command to stop a running trigger model, the DMM aborts the trigger model but then no longer allows me to do anything else at all, either through SCPI commands or from the instrument front panel. And I actually mean anything at all, as I cannot add or delete blocks, I cannot clear the model, I cannot change the measure function or measure settings of the DMM, I cannot change the command set etc etc etc. All settings are frozen in place until I restart the instrument.

On top of that, the GPIB communication session is terminated after the ABOR command. When stepping through and debugging code, all is fine until the ABOR command is sent, but after that, not even "*IDN?" recognizes the device. Turning the DMM power off and back on is also necessary to restore the GPIB communication session. The DMM is needed for automated testing and data taking so this is not acceptable.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Return to “DMM7510 Graphical Sampling DMM”