Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

DMM7510 ACAL; tsp.initialize

DMM7510 7½-Digit Graphical Sampling Multimeter
Forum rules
<t></t>
3706user

DMM7510 ACAL; tsp.initialize

Post by 3706user » August 14th, 2017, 5:40 am

Hi,

have several issues using DMM7510
My request is to write a generic DMM7510 driver for different count of DMMs (may be 3 pce up to 12 DMMs) connected via TSP-Link.
The Master is connected to a linux workstation via LAN.

1. issue: We will use the DMM in different setups.
How can I find out how many DMMs are connected via the TSP-link?
asking each node for "print(node[N].serialno)" creates ugly errormessages if a node is not connected.

2. issue: How can I start acal on each DMM in parallel?
e.g. if I do "acal.run()" on the first instrument, the command is not blocking and returns immediately.
e.g. if I do "status.standard.enable=status.standard.OPC; acal.run(); node[2].acal.run(); node[3].acal.run(); opc();"
then the acal is executed in serial. For 3 Instruments this consumes about 18 minutes. How can I get this in parallel execution, without runing tsp scripts in each instrument? Also I want to check the finished state using "*STB?", which is also a non-blocking command.

3. At the end of acal, a dialog pops up "Calibration step complete""Press Close".
This dialog never terminates, only manual interaction hit the button will close the dialog.
The dialog also pops up even if in the <System Event Log Menue><Log Settings> all options are set to "OFF".
How can I close this dialog using remote commands?

Please provide programming examples using tsp commands.
I appreciate it!
Thanks
3706user

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: DMM7510 ACAL; tsp.initialize

Post by Dave W » January 8th, 2018, 2:27 pm

1. When you call tsplink.initialize() to initialize the TSP-Link, this function returns the number of node in the TSP-Link network. I would recommend that you always number your nodes sequentially starting from 1 (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4 ..., n) so that node 1 through the number returned by tsplink.initalize() is always a valid node number. Don't number your nodes randomly (i.e. 5, 8, 12, 37, 14...) because there are no commands to tell you which node numbers actually have an instrument on them and therefore you will have to manually poll every node number to determine if there is an instrument attached or not.
  2. You will need to essentially run a script on each node. However, these will be extremely short scripts so it will be pretty easy to implement. You can use the "node[x].execute()" function to do this. Something like the following may do the trick.

Code: Select all

for i=2,n,1
        node[i].execute("acal.run() opc() waitcomplete()")
    end
    node[1].acal.run()
    opc()
    waitcomplete(0)

NOTE: I have not tested this so I will not say this will work, but this should at least give you and idea of how to do what you are trying to do.
  3. Unfortunately there does not appear to be a command to clear that prompt.

Dave W
Tektronix Applications
Tektronix Applications

Re: DMM7510 ACAL; tsp.initialize

Post by Dave W » January 11th, 2018, 12:08 pm

Hi 3706User,

Regarding clearing the prompt that is on screen after acal.run() completes... while there is not a command that clears this prompt directly, you can clear the prompt by changing the screen on the display using the display.changescreen() command. For example, you could do the following:

Code: Select all

reset()
acal.run()
waitcomplete()
display.changescreen(display.SCREEN_GRAPH)
display.changescreen(display.SCREEN_HOME)
Hope this helps!

Return to “DMM7510 Graphical Sampling DMM”