Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Analog Trigger Single Measurement

DMM7510 7½-Digit Graphical Sampling Multimeter
Forum rules
<t></t>
hannes

Analog Trigger Single Measurement

Post by hannes » January 31st, 2018, 7:28 am

Hello,

in LabView I am trying to implement some trigger mode, which takes a single measurement with a certain delay (e. g. 100µs) after reaching a specific level at the analog DC Voltage input on the rising slope with the highest possible precision. Since me an my colleagues are not very familiar with the command set I copied the code below from examples and working programs together.
The first version produces a value of 1 at the output and the :TRIG:STAT? command answers with "IDLE, IDLE, 2" or "IDLE, IDLE, 3". The second version produces an error in block 3. The threshold level of 5 mV definitely gets reached and triggering a burst measurement with a high samplerate over half a second works just fine.

I hope someone is able to help me there and/or can explain to me what I have to do.

Best regards

Hannes

Code:

Version 1:

Code: Select all

*RST
:SENS:DIG:FUNC "VOLT"
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:RANG 1
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:INP AUTO
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:SRATE 1000
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:APER AUTO
:SENS:DIG:COUN 1
:TRAC:POIN 100
:TRAC:CLE
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:ATR:MODE EDGE
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:ATR:EDGE:SLOPe RIS
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:ATR:EDGE:LEV 0.005
:TRIG:BLOC:DIG 1, "defbuffer1", INF
:TRIG:BLOC:WAIT 2, ATR
:TRIG:BLOC:DEL:CONS 3, 0.1
:TRIG:BLOC:DIG 4, "defbuffer1", 1
INIT
*WAI
Version 2:

*RST
:SENS:DIG:FUNC "VOLT:DC"
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:RANG 1
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:INP AUTO
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:APER 
:TRAC:CLE
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:ATR:MODE EDGE
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:ATR:EDGE:SLOPe RIS
:SENS:DIG:VOLT:ATR:EDGE:LEV 0.01
:TRIG:BLOC:BUFF:CLEAR 1
:TRIG:BLOC:WAIT 2, ATR
:TRIG:BLOC:DEL:CONS 3, 0.1
:TRIG:BLOC:DIG 4, "defbuffer1", 1
INIT
*WAI
The read out is done by:

:TRAC:DATA? 1, 1, "defbuffer1", TST, READ

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Analog Trigger Single Measurement

Post by Andrea C » February 2nd, 2018, 8:44 am

If there is uncertainty about the required commands, you may want to strongly consider using the TSP command set instead.
Why?
If you can successfully setup the analog triggering and voltage digitizing from the front panel, then you can use the scripts feature to export the instrument setup, transfer it to a USB thumb drive. The exported setup will have almost all of the required TSP commands to carry out your task.

Step 1: With front panel, select the Digi V function, configure the Trigger, sample rate, sample count, delay, etc. Press Trigger button to run the task. Apply your analog signal and verify it triggers, etc.

Insert Thumb Drive.

Step 2: Press Menu. Under Scripts column, press Create Setup. Press Create. Give it a name.
Step 3: Press Menu. Under Script column, press Manage. Move your named Internal Script setup to the USB drive.
Step 4: Examine the Script:
DMM7510_Saved_Setup.PNG
Exported Saved Setup
DMM7510_Saved_Setup.PNG (50.35 KiB) Viewed 3980 times

Return to “DMM7510 Graphical Sampling DMM”