Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Auto Zero slowing down reading speed

DMM7510 7½-Digit Graphical Sampling Multimeter
Forum rules
<t></t>
rdowning

Auto Zero slowing down reading speed

Post by rdowning » January 31st, 2018, 1:51 pm

I am trying to take samples at an integration rate of 10 microseconds, but I'm only getting approximately 842 readings per second, instead of 10,000.

I found when I turn 'Auto Zero' off, the reading speed works correctly. Unfortunately it defaults to on. Is there a way to correct this? Or turn it off via SCPI?

I'm trying to write a python script with PYVISA to control the device and take measurements. It would also be helpful if anyone knows of a SCPI reference for this device?

Thanks

Andrea C
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Auto Zero slowing down reading speed

Post by Andrea C » February 1st, 2018, 8:24 am

The Reference Manual for the DMM7510 can be downloaded from here:

Code: Select all

https://www.tek.com/digital-multimeter/high-resolution-digital-multimeters-manual-9
The DMM7510 supports two command sets: TSP or SCPI
Both command sets are documented in the Reference Guide.

Can you clarify about which A/D converter you are using? Are you using DCV or Digitize Volts measure function?
The digitize Volts can be run from 1KHz to 1MHz sample rates. But auto zero is not a feature for this mode as it would clearly introduce time gaps in the sampling.

Return to “DMM7510 Graphical Sampling DMM”