Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Reset doesn't properly reset RTD user settings and displays incorrect settings

DMM7510 7½-Digit Graphical Sampling Multimeter
Forum rules
<t></t>
essele

Reset doesn't properly reset RTD user settings and displays incorrect settings

Post by essele » May 22nd, 2020, 1:21 am

On firmware 1.7.0e...

If you have an RTD setup with user settings (in my case a 1000R zero value) since I'm using a PT1000) and then you reset the device, when you select 4RTD the user settings remain active despite the RTD screen showing "PT100", therefore the screen has defaulted back to PT100 but the user settings (or at least the zero setting) is still active post the reset.

If you switch back to "USER" you can the zero setting shows 100, but it's still actually operating at 1000.

So two issues as far as I'm concerned:

1. Reset isn't actually a reset (I've seen other behaviour where the system gets into a strange state and reset doesn't fix it ... a power cycle is needed.)
2. What is actually displayed "PT100" isn't actually what is being used "USER", and the zero setting isn't showing what is actually being used.

Item 2 is a big worry for me as this means you can't trust what is shown on the display (I have other examples of this to follow!)

Lee.

Return to “DMM7510 Graphical Sampling DMM”