Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Collecting voltage measurements from both channels of Keithley 2182a

2182 Series Support
sgm2000

Collecting voltage measurements from both channels of Keithley 2182a

Post by sgm2000 » August 29th, 2019, 11:12 am

I am working on an application where I am trying to measure the voltage of two thermocouples using one Keithley 2182a. I have the first thermocouple hooked up to Channel 1 and the second to Channel 2. I am not using the built in thermocouple features of the instrument because I need to measure the thermocouples beyond the workable temperature measurement range of the 2182a.

I am trying to continuously pull voltage readings from both channels with a LabVIEW program. My approach is to set the voltmeter to channel 1, read the buffer, switch to channel 2, and then read the buffer again. However, I get error 410 when I switch to channel 2 and try to read the buffer. The buffer appears to be empty and causing the error. Does this mean that the buffer can only store data from one channel at a time? If so, is there any way I could simultaneously pull voltage readings from both channels at 200 ms intervals?

Return to “Nanovoltmeters”