Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

Resistivity, Temperature and Voltage Measurement by 2182

2182 Series Support
muratgunes

Resistivity, Temperature and Voltage Measurement by 2182

Post by muratgunes » June 23rd, 2012, 9:53 am

Hello,
I wish to measure resistivity of a sample using Keithley238 current source and 2182. Is ther any sofware for what I can use them to make Delta Measurement.
I actually made a Labview program in which current is applied by 238 and voltage is read by 2182. But the problem is current is applied for a long time. I want to apply current in a very short time otherwise, long time current heat the sample, that is pelties effect.

Anyone can help me to get rid of this effect.

I need to measure Temperature from Ch2 soon after Voltage measurement from Ch1. The time between these two measurement should be as short as possible. I made a vi and I attached it.

Could anyone can check the vi and help me to solve this problem.

Thanks from now.

Best.
Attachments
K2182-ch1-dV-ch2-dT-20-06-2012.vi
(26.31 KiB) Downloaded 1111 times

Jane S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: Resistivity, Temperature and Voltage Measurement by 2182

Post by Jane S » June 26th, 2012, 4:53 pm

Hello,
1. We do not have a software developed for the instrumentation you have to do Delta Mode measurement. We have a freeware for delta mode measurement using 6221A + 2182A. If self heating is an issue, you might want to check Keithley's pulse capabilities under 4200 Pulse (see link).

http://www.keithley.com/products/semico ... n=4225-PMU

2. What you are trying to do can be done. It might be best to ask LV programming expert to debug your code.

Return to “Nanovoltmeters”