Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

K2182A lemo cable broken

2182 Series Support
mhirschb

K2182A lemo cable broken

Post by mhirschb » September 25th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Hi,

in my lab, we have a K2182A with the supplied cable (http://www.keithley.com/products/dcac/s ... ?mn=2107-4). Unfortunately, one of the terminating copper spade lugs has broken off, and these parts cannot be re-used (they are clamped together when the wire is fixed to them). Can anyone tell me where I can buy these lugs individually?

Best,
Max

RaymondR
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: K2182A lemo cable broken

Post by RaymondR » September 28th, 2012, 7:38 am

Hi mhirschb,

The Keithley part number is 2182-316.

RadioShack may sell the copper spade plug and crimp parts that are at least similar to what you need.

You may also be able to fashion the plug from a thin copper washer, some wire cutters, and a pair of pliers. Make sure that you're using pure copper and clean the material before and after working with it. You'll want to remove any oxidation before attaching your wire to it.

You'll want to bend the wire in half before crimping and make sure to use shrink wrap.

After reconstructing the plug, make sure to compare some test measurements against your other set of two plugs.

mhirschb

Re: K2182A lemo cable broken

Post by mhirschb » September 28th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Many thanks!

Return to “Nanovoltmeters”