Tektronix Technical Forums are maintained by community involvement. Feel free to post questions or respond to questions by other members. Should you require a time-sensitive answer, please contact your local Tektronix support center here.

positive to negative IV sweep

6514, 6517 Support
smahat

positive to negative IV sweep

Post by smahat » December 30th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Hello,

I am using the Keithley 6517A to do a diode IV sweep. I realized that it is not possible to have a starting voltage higher that the end voltage and its not possible to go from positive voltage to negative either. An error code (850) is displayed on the electrometer. I would like to use this device to measure current from say -50 V to 50 V and from 50 V to -50 V. However sweeping from positive to negative displays some error. Can anyone help me with this ?

Thanks

Nathan S
Keithley Applications
Keithley Applications

Re: positive to negative IV sweep

Post by Nathan S » January 3rd, 2012, 9:04 am

I ran into the same issue that you did when I initially tried it. However, the 850 error was due to the step size setting that you set when going from 50V to -50V. You must make sure that your step value is negative for that sweep. Then you should be good to go. For example, I did +50 to -50V with -10V steps at 1s per step and it worked fine on my 6517B at my desk. I would expect it to work the same on the A version of the 6517 as well.

Return to “Electrometers”